Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what is current line up information on line up

#1 User is offline   mikeevans 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

can anyone tell me the libe up of the beach boys band currently on tour. This is fairly basic information but i cant seem to find it on the website at all. I dont want to buy tickets only to find the line up consists of 3 old roadies and Brian Wilsons pet dog and unfortunaly with a lot of '6o's; bands on tours thats what you appear to get

I am sending this from uk

#2 User is offline   viper 

• "You expect me to talk? "
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

View Postmikeevans, on Jan 26 2008, 07:50 AM, said:

can anyone tell me the libe up of the beach boys band currently on tour. This is fairly basic information but i cant seem to find it on the website at all. I dont want to buy tickets only to find the line up consists of 3 old roadies and Brian Wilsons pet dog and unfortunaly with a lot of '6o's; bands on tours thats what you appear to get

I am sending this from uk

The only original Beach Boy in the line up is Mike Love with long time Beach Boy Bruce Johnston. The rest are replacements of replacements of replacements and so on & so on.
Posted Image

The Bhagavad Gita says, "There has never been a time when you and I have not existed, nor will there be a time when we will cease to exist."

#3 User is offline   john k 

• Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere (J.P. Donleavy)
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, music and more music. Food. The occasional nip of this or that (especially that). A jolly good laugh now and again. Regular visits to this board. :)

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:14 PM

View Postviper, on Jan 26 2008, 03:00 PM, said:

The rest are replacements of replacements of replacements and so on & so on.

;)
Posted Image
The Beard of Love - The story so far...
"I don't want to go out.
I want to stay in.
Get things done."

(David Bowie)

CLICK DAILY!
Never online
as a guest!

#4 User is offline   brianmargo67 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

According to the Beach Boys Band site (http://www.beachboysband.com), the current touring lineup is Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, John Cowsill, Tim Bonhomme, Randell Kirsch, Scott Totten and Christian Love.

I look at the pictures of this group and I think "Who ARE these people?" I think I'd really feel ripped off if I went to see "the Beach Boys" and this band took the stage. It really is a step away from being a tribute band.
In the long run men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high. --Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN

#5 User is offline   Mark 

• younger than yesterday
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:music- collecting- history-sound tech- Traveling<br />

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:12 AM

View Postbrianmargo67, on Jan 26 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

According to the Beach Boys Band site (http://www.beachboysband.com), the current touring lineup is Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, John Cowsill, Tim Bonhomme, Randell Kirsch, Scott Totten and Christian Love.

I look at the pictures of this group and I think "Who ARE these people?" I think I'd really feel ripped off if I went to see "the Beach Boys" and this band took the stage. It really is a step away from being a tribute band.

Now Brians band doesn't have any real familar faces also but they are top notch and worth every penny it takes to go to see them.After all that music was made in the head of the guy sitting in front of the keyboards , maybe he isn't playing the keys but he sure is taking the band to task about replicating his past glories. Brian Wilson band , First choice to see, Al Jardine-second choice to see, Mike Love's tribute band called The Beach Boys the third place to see unless you see a local band that does better covers for a cheaper price. I know thats not a nice thing to say but its basically how I see the truth. Brian and Al do great jobs doing old and new material. Mike does the Beach Boy juxebox from about 1963 through 1967 with a few later songs thrown in like Kokomo.But the band plays on memories not musicianship as the other two bands mentioned. Now if you have only one choice of the three to see, go to any one to hear it but be warned its not like the 45's you once loved.In each case its a band stearing away from the central core of what its leader started. Brians the best and it goes a step lower with each other band. But none dissappoint as they all were one part of a myriad talent pool all those years ago, thats just my opinion, okay ;)
Jai guru deva-

#6 User is offline   mikeevans 

• Pip

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the information. You have just saved me $150 in tickets. I dont mind seeing 'Tribute' acts - infact last week I went to see an 'Elvis " act and 6 months ago a 'Queen' act at the same venue now advertising 'The Beach Boys". But I don't want to pay the price level of a current major act for a band that really is'nt what it claims to be. I'd like to see Paul and Ringo together BUT it wouldnt be "The Beatles" would it??

Mike UK

View PostMark, on Jan 27 2008, 09:12 AM, said:

Now Brians band doesn't have any real familar faces also but they are top notch and worth every penny it takes to go to see them.After all that music was made in the head of the guy sitting in front of the keyboards , maybe he isn't playing the keys but he sure is taking the band to task about replicating his past glories. Brian Wilson band , First choice to see, Al Jardine-second choice to see, Mike Love's tribute band called The Beach Boys the third place to see unless you see a local band that does better covers for a cheaper price. I know thats not a nice thing to say but its basically how I see the truth. Brian and Al do great jobs doing old and new material. Mike does the Beach Boy juxebox from about 1963 through 1967 with a few later songs thrown in like Kokomo.But the band plays on memories not musicianship as the other two bands mentioned. Now if you have only one choice of the three to see, go to any one to hear it but be warned its not like the 45's you once loved.In each case its a band stearing away from the central core of what its leader started. Brians the best and it goes a step lower with each other band. But none dissappoint as they all were one part of a myriad talent pool all those years ago, thats just my opinion, okay ;)

#7 User is offline   Alex Willcox 

• Pip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

View Postbrianmargo67, on Jan 27 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

Added to that line up - for last nights gig in Cardiff, at least - was one David Marks.
Which was a bit of a surprise. :rolleyes:

#8 User is offline   Pontiac 

• Pip
  • Interests:Surfing - Music - Travel - FUN!!

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

View Postmikeevans, on Jan 27 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

Thanks for the information. You have just saved me $150 in tickets. I dont mind seeing 'Tribute' acts - infact last week I went to see an 'Elvis " act and 6 months ago a 'Queen' act at the same venue now advertising 'The Beach Boys". But I don't want to pay the price level of a current major act for a band that really is'nt what it claims to be. I'd like to see Paul and Ringo together BUT it wouldnt be "The Beatles" would it??
Mike UK

I don't agree - they are NO WAY A TRIBUTE BAND - I saw them in Brighton last week and they were AWESOME AND MAGICAL - it's WELL WORTH THE MONEY - you'll be missing out if you don't seem them, Mike Love was amazaing as was Bruce Johnson and David Marks, and the new guys sounded GREAT - Mark - UK

#9 User is offline   Andrew G. Doe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

View PostMark, on Jan 27 2008, 10:12 AM, said:

Mike does the Beach Boy juxebox from about 1963 through 1967 with a few later songs thrown in like Kokomo.But the band plays on memories not musicianship as the other two bands mentioned.

Evidently you weren't at the London gig a few days ago - had you been you wouldn't have made such an utterly stupid statement. :rolleyes:
I sing the body electric!

#10 User is offline   Blue Topaz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Guess you heard them in a good venue. In the one I was in recently, they just didn't sound right, and I said before that I was sorry to have to say that, but the truth is the truth. Several audience members were saying so, too.

I also was disappointed in the beginning of the show. They played songs that were not theirs...okay, yes they were theirs but they were recorded by others...like Surf City and California Dreamin'. Those choices are fine, but they have such an incredible repertoire of songs that I would much rather have heard. In addition, from my seat in the 6th row, the backup band's voices did not sound right, either. And...when they performed the "Ballad of 'Ol Betsy," the audience was completely still.

On the other hand, "All This is That," "Feel Flows" and "Disney Girls" were masterfully performed.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   Mark 

• younger than yesterday
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:music- collecting- history-sound tech- Traveling<br />

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:24 PM

View PostAndrew G. Doe, on Apr 7 2008, 11:14 AM, said:

Evidently you weren't at the London gig a few days ago - had you been you wouldn't have made such an utterly stupid statement. ;)

If you bothered to look where I live San Francisco is a little away from the London venue. Ah Andrew the "last" bastion of a polite poster on this board. :)
Jai guru deva-

#12 User is offline   SophieJB 

• Pip

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:50 AM

View PostPontiac, on Apr 7 2008, 06:01 PM, said:

I don't agree - they are NO WAY A TRIBUTE BAND - I saw them in Brighton last week and they were AWESOME AND MAGICAL - it's WELL WORTH THE MONEY - you'll be missing out if you don't seem them, Mike Love was amazaing as was Bruce Johnson and David Marks, and the new guys sounded GREAT - Mark - UK

I've been to see them tonight in Edinburgh and they are NO WAY anything like a tribute band! There were eight of them on stage and the whole show was FANTASTIC!!!! They sang 54 songs too and were on stage from soon after 7.30 'ish until getting on for 11pm by the time we got out! If anyone is in doubt, then just go and see for yourself! The Playhouse was full of over 3,000 happy fans! :P

#13 User is offline   viper 

• "You expect me to talk? "
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:34 AM

View PostSophieJB, on May 15 2008, 08:50 PM, said:

I've been to see them tonight in Edinburgh and they are NO WAY anything like a tribute band! There were eight of them on stage and the whole show was FANTASTIC!!!! They sang 54 songs too and were on stage from soon after 7.30 'ish until getting on for 11pm by the time we got out! If anyone is in doubt, then just go and see for yourself! The Playhouse was full of over 3,000 happy fans! :)

I'm glad you had a great time and that they put on a great show!!!

Welcome aboard!
Posted Image

The Bhagavad Gita says, "There has never been a time when you and I have not existed, nor will there be a time when we will cease to exist."

#14 User is offline   SophieJB 

• Pip

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

View Postviper, on May 16 2008, 02:34 AM, said:

I'm glad you had a great time and that they put on a great show!!!

Welcome aboard!

I forgot to add that David Marks was on stage last night and there were eight on stage altogether and were all brilliant!
Maybe somebody else who was there will come on here later and tell you how good a time we all had and they were on stage for more than three hours and said they were giving us extra to make up for having cancelled the show two weeks ago, but for what reason I don't know! Anyway, we all got our money's worth and the Edinburgh Playhouse ROCKED!!!! :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users